Re: [VACList] 1965 Overlander Land Yacht

Hi Mark,
Home from work so I'll get those dimensions to you.  My Overlander is a rear
bath so if yours is the same these should work. The outside dimensions are
24 5/8"W x 51"L x 6 1/2 Deep. Mine was pretty rusted and decomposed when I
took it out but the local sheet metal shop had no problem replicating it.
I'll try and explain the gate valve hole the best I can.  Again, the floor
was all rotted out and these #'s are not exact but pretty close and look
like they will work for my set up. I have 1" of wood from the back of the
hole to the interior wall of the trailer, from centerline of trailer to curb
side the hole extends 9 3/4",  from centerline to road side the hole extends
7 ",  the hole then comes back at appx. a 27 degee angle toward the
centerline and front of the trailer. The sides of the hole are 7 1/2" long.
Connect the front sides of the 7 1/2" cuts and that should make the hole.

I also used elevator bolts to bolt the floor down,  however I removed some
of them and replaced them with 1/4" x 2" carraige bolts.  If I were to do it
all again I"d use carriage bolts everywhere except the  " U " channel on the
outside edge of the floor.  I found that the elevator bolts would not seat
into the floor far enough and would show through the vinyl  flooring, not a
factor if your going to carpet.

Hope this helped. If you need further clarification or help give me a call
208-788-3321.

Earl

PS, if you still have the flush pedal off your old toilet (if it's original)
I'd be very intrested in it.