[VACList] 65 Overlander

Hello all,
Just a quick update on today's work. Rachel (my
daughter) and I fiberglassed several of the storage
tubs where they are cracked or have holes in the
corners. Believe it or not, all the original tubs are
there. I took out the 4" on center kitchen faucet and
made a trip to my trusty local plumber's supply house.
Once there, I decided to change the faucet to a 8" on
center with a sprayer. I went with a Delta single
handle, just like the way it looks. I also bought the
necessary supplies to hook up the interior water. I
went with 1/2" PEX. They have a new tool that cost $36
to crimp the connections with. It reminds me of old
timey stocks. You put the pipe in the middle of two
rather hefty pieces of steel and tighten it up with
bolts, thus compressing the ring. It will be a little
slower, but sometimes slower is better, makes me think
twice before I screw it up. I went by the welding shop
and they are fabricating a rough opening for my water
heater out of 2" square alum. tubing. I went with a 6
gallon American Standard and plan to conceal the new
door with the original cover to make it look better.
Any concerns about this? Also plan to install new
faucet. Still plenty to do, but the list is getting
shorter. Holding tank and rest of plumbing to be done
following 4th of July. If anyone has any idea about
the pan that holds the holding tank, please let me
know. All I have is a part of the original, but it is
just the side. I have no idea about how deep it should
be, etc...

Thanks to all

=====
Mark, Pennie and Rachel