[VACList] 1965 Overlander Land Yacht

Hello all,
I have been a list member for about a year now and
have found a wealth of information within. We bought
our '65 Overlander Land Yacht about 2 years ago. I
have several questions and perhaps can answer some
questions about the restoration of this beauty. When
we bought it a tree had fallen across the rear curved
portion and popped a few seams and rotted the floor in
back. The fiberglass ceiling is cracked in several
places and badly broken in another. All the cabinets
in the back sustained either water damage or physical
damage from the impact of the tree. I stripped the
interior and fixed the leaks with Vulkem, alum.
patches and replaced lots of rivets. I sealed the
seams on the roof and leak tested it for an extended
time. ( winter in the south, lots of rain ) As with
most things, experience is something learned through,
well, experience. I thought if a little insulation was
good, then a lot would be better. Well,I could not get
the roof back in place, so I went to alum. clad bubble
wrap and everything begin to look better. I got the
floor up and back in, but not bolted down yet. I found
elevator bolts for the floor at Lowe's. I have a new
holding tank from Inland RV as well as skylight covers
and several other small pieces. I have found Andy to
be a wealth of information and supplies. Does anyone
have the original dimensions of the holding tank pan
as well as how big the cutout behind the toilet should
be to access the holding tank valve? Any suggestions
on how best to rebolt the floor at the edges? The
underbelly is still intact at the outside and I don't
want to mess it up and make it look bad. The nice
thing about our baby is that all the original
equipment is still there and most of it still works.
We are not boondockers, so I am converting her into a
pure pull up and hook up to shore water and power. I
have the original toilet and water tank if anyone is
interested. ( not for sale, just consider it a
goodwill gesture. After all, we have to stick
together, right?) Time is late and I have worked late
putting up thin-lights and cleaning, etc.. today, so
more to follow later.

Mark, Pennie and Rachel
1965 Overlander Land Yacht