Re: [VACList] Generator use

Other than the exhaust, the problem with leaving the doors open, is that
you expose all your "stuff" to the eyes of the folks that would take
something if they thought they could get away with it...

If you can lift it in and out for refueling, why not wheel it to the back
of the trailer and just plug in the power cable???  I would chain it to the
trailer while it's back there, and lock up the vehicle to protect all the
other stuff...  A down side to this is that it might look to a police
officer like you are moving in and deserve a roust..

Our Honda 3000 is a little too heavy to lift in and out of the pickup, and
I have constructed a cable to extend the trailer power cable to the front
and adapt to the Honda in the back of the truck... We only use it when
parked in an overflow area with no power hookups... While in Walmart lots
etc. we use an inverter and 4 Optima batteries in the truck to supply AC
for TV and whatever... The inverter supports one 15 amp circuit for curling
irons etc...  It was a lot of money that was spent for a rather limited
return... probably only used it 2-3 times a year since we bought it...    I
installed a marine AC fitting on the outside of the trailer near the front
left side window and use a small extension cable with an adapter to go from
the 3 prong twist on the marine fitting to standard 110 ac plug which is
plugged into an outlet on the back of the truck....  Again a bunch of money
to get a small return... although I must admit some satisfaction when our
TV was the only one working during a God awful storm in an  Ohio  RV
park...but the generator would have provided the same result with the truck
open and the rain pounding down on everything in it...

I have seen the generator in the trucks of others hooked up to provide AC
via the regular cable from the trailer with no apparent problem from either
police or Walmart.  I think doors open and cables run would look temporary
enough to satisfy that aspect...

  When it stops being fun, stop doing it....

Jim