[VACList] TV reception

Cindy:
The issue of TV reception is getting more complex, mainly due to the fact
that our nation's television system is converting over to digital,
supposedly by 2006. When this happens, current frequencies allocated for
"analog" TV (Channel 2-13) will be reallocated for other uses, such as
wireless internet and radio telephones. At that time, all TV will be
transmitting digital on UHF (Channel 14-84), so conventional VHF TV antennas
won't work well, if at all. So for the next 3 years, your safe with existing
antennas. I would recommend a cheap unit, unless you are far from
transmitters. Then you will need a more expensive antenna, such as the bat
wing variety sold at CW and elsewhere. To be safe, consider an antenna that
is "digital ready". Radio Shack is a good source.
 I have tried a number of digital antennas under today's low power
transmitting environment, and the Channel Master 8 bay UHF antenna is the
best. About $50.

Randy Unter
Denver