[VACList] stick-on floor tiles

Hi All:
I am about to put down Armstrong stick-on tiles in our 86 Excella... The
floor under the rug is what I would call stran board.. made from chips and
shavings... The board is screwed down with Phillips head screws with about
a 3/4 inch diameter head.... ( numerous).... I suspect the heads will show
somewhat after a while.... We are planning a diagonal pattern with a light
colored  tile that has a small border around the tile... 1/8" or so....

I was wondering if I should seal the surface of the stran board with some
kind of poly or other sealer???  Would that make the stick-on glue hold
better???   Any response from someone who has done this or put in the time
to do the research would be appreciated...

If this has been discussed recently, I apologize for not paying close
attention to the list since getting back this year....

Jim and Mary Clark