Re: [VACList] Generator Question

I've been using my 4kw propane-fired Onan in my SOB RV for a few years now,
and i like it so much that i decided to design it into the '48 Trailwind
renovation - permanently mounted under one side of the front bed/cafe
seating, vented through the belly pan. I also plan to install a coleman A/C
under the other side of the bed/seating, a pair of 12V Optima batteries in a
vented compartment between. I'm also mounting a large ASME
permanently-mounted propane tank on the tongue. Because i'm fabricating a
new frame/suspension/subfloor, i have the luxury of providing the necessary
additional structural reinforcement.

The propane version of the 4kw actually provides more like 3600watts - still
more than enough for starting up an old coleman roof airconditioner and TV,
microwave, etc.

This is the only propane-fired genset with which i've had any experience -
it seems remarkably well-made, very quiet (whisper-quiet in a
minimally-soundproofed compartment), and as someone pointed out, very clean
burning.

They're a little 'spendy' but, IMO, well worth it. Propane requirements in
the Trailwind will be the original coleman oven/range, and the PrecisionTemp
RV500 demand-type water heater. The fridge is an original 110v-only
'Marvel'.

Tuna
Reno, NV