Re: [VACList] New Airstream Owner

Welcome Ivan,

Looks like you do have a real project on your hands.  I have a 1953 Cruiser
(I always thought it was an Overlander, but I found out from a site
suggested in this forum that Airstream called their 26' trailers "Cruisers"
in 1953)  I have had it for about 5 or 6 years now and it still isn't ready
to use.  Here is a picture of it:
http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1219&papass=&sort=1

Notice I use a LONG wheelbase Chevy 3/4 ton truck to pull it.  The truck is
great,  I just wish it had more than a 350 CID engine.

Advice: Forget about going to Airstream dealers for parts.  Don't waste your
time. I live a few miles from a "legendary Airstream boneyard" dealer and I
haven't got squat from them.   Most of the hardware was "off the shelf"
hardware store stuff anyways back then.

Inland RV in California is about the only source for old parts.
http://www.inlandrv.com/

Good Luck,
You have been infected with "Aluminitus" like the rest of us.

David Reilly
Madison, Mississippi

1953 Cruiser
1991 Excella 34'