Re: [VACList] Bathroom removal

Loius

My Overlander is a 63 and I believe the 64 is significantly different in the
bath area. However last year I too replaced a large section of the bath
floor.

To remove the bath fixtures/cabinetry I guess I too simply blundered
through. Start by drilling out rivets wherever you find them and there will
be sheet metal and wood screws in a variety of places of the cabinets. The
trim around the tub probably does need to come out, in my 63 it did. If you
are going to remove the toilet be very careful not to shear off the closet
bolts like I did. What a pain.

I also removed the interior wall skins in the bath area. That allowed me
access to the bolts and screws through the floor and floor channel. In
addition that gave me access to a large dent in the outside skin that I
managed to push out with decent success.

Good Luck

Phil Renner
63 Overlander
Guilford, CT