[VACList] Re: bathroom removal

The white trim is made up of two parts.  There is a
base which is penetrated by rivets.  And, there is a
cover, which hides the rivets.  Both are made in long
strips.

The covers on my 68 came off without cracking.  Start
at one end and pull them loose patiently.  Store them
in a safe place so you don't step on them like I did
and break them!

I had to remove the forward wall of the bathroom to
get the furniture out.  It wouldn't pass through the
doorway because it wasn't wide enough.  I got the wall
out without removing the overhead locker.  I can tell
you more about that if you're interested.

Remove bath furniture only if necessary for clear
access to floor rot.  Drill all rivets carefully with
a bit of appropriate diameter.  You'll be surprised at
how easily it all comes out.  Or at least I was--once
I had some help from folks on this list.

If anyone else has a penchant for creating web pages,
perhaps we could collaborate.  I have photos of my
bathroom floor repair, but don't have the time or
means to organize and post them right now.

Jon in SC
68 Overlander