[VACList] Re: [VAC] License Plates/Tabs

These things vary widely from state to state. I bought a $10 permit,
good for as long as I need to make the trip, to bring my "new to me"
Airstream motorhome from Alabama home to California. Since the motorhome
turned out to have a bad engine (now being repaired), I'll get a LOT of
time for my $10 -- from December 18th, when I first started out, until I
finally get back to California. Then I have 10 days to get California
registration. The permit is issued by California and is recognized by
all states, and is good for a single one-way trip or a single round
trip. Also, some states have partial-year registration for some vehicles
-- heavy trucks and trailers that I know of, not sure about motorhomes.
But, as I said, there is WIDE variation from state to state. And your
insurance agent would be the one to answer the part of your question
about insurance. Some companies allow you to take off the liability part
of your insurance (the expensive portion) if is is going to be parked.

Best regards,

Rik