[VACList] Bathroom removal

I've concluded that, with all that needs to be dealt with in the
bathroom of the '64 Overlander, and bad floor in the last 18", it
would be best just to remove it.  I checked the archives, and didn't
find much to guide me.   A first, basic question: how does one
remove the plastic trim around the top of the tub (and is that
necessary?)  Looks like it will just shatter.  How do the cabinets in
that area come out, too?  I'm a great one for blundering through, but
suggestions for tackling the project may save the precious ears of
my children from shocking language.

Another question:  if the interior lights worked when plugged into
land power one day, and only work off the battery one day and 700
miles later, do I have a dead Univolt, or something cheaper and
harder to fix?  The pump worked on 12 volt, and it is controlled by a
different switch.

Thanks

Louis Joyner