Re: [VACList] Voyager vs 19' Globetrotter?

Hi Bob and others,

Now that I have towed both the 66 Overlander (26 feet) and the 62 Globe
Trotter (19 feet) with our half ton Suburban I can tell you there is not a
lot of difference between the two, in fact the tandem axle Overlander pulls
a litttle smoother whereas the Globe Trotter tends to transfer the road
bumps to the hitch a little more.  The GT  is noticeably lighter on corners.
I think one could easily pull the GT with a lighter SUV such as a Durango
but not any smaller that that.

I do recall someone pulling a GT with an all wheel drive Volvo station
wagon.  And even Walley himself used a VW of somekind for a Wee Wind (?)
once in Europe.

The thing to remember is that they are Airstreams and they pull great
compared to hay wagons and square riggers,  but one still does have to stop
the weight in an emergency.  Those of you who read this list may recall my
experience of too light a tow vehicle, from which I graduated to a Chevy
suburban shortly thereafter!

Keep your family safe (and the others on the road) and trade the mini van on
a suitable tow vehicle or stick to the tent trailer.

Respectfully, GAS