[VACList] PROPANE REGULATOR NOISE

Hi all

Over the past several months I have noticed a faint clicking noise
coming from the propane regulator.  It sounds like water dripping inside
the wall.  The regulator maybe original to the trailer and has an indicator
knob that switches tanks.

When the clicking noise appears, I move the tank indicator/switcher back
and forth (leaving it in the original position). This stops the
noise-------------------for a while.

I am planning to replace the regulator but would like to know what is
going on mechanically to cause this noise.

Thanks
Noah
1974 AMB INT 29 FT
1993 CHEVY EXT CAB