Re: [VACList] Mice in the Airstream

David
   I would  close the door and just walk away..... Having bought a 63 FC last
year , covered with snow , as spring sprung it started to stink - and as the snow
melted - a corrosion place appeared . Upon inspection of that  , the mouse house
was discovered ( Mouse pee is corrosive to aluminium , big time) . As the
interior panel was removed , the chewed wire was revealed . One of several .
Wondered why the front lights didnt work . Thousands of drilled rivets later the
inside is shiney-r than the outside . And I wont be sniffing  that stench . If  I
live to finish the project .... no small undertaking . If you decide to do this ,
make sure you dont need to move it for a long time and put it on stands carefully
, I was told not to move it with the inner skin off . If you do take the inside
skin off , you`ll find out where they lived , and it will gross you out . I think
most airstreams have had a mouse or two at some point - somewhere in there - at
least I`ll KNOW mine is  clean . I might have taken the body off the frame if I
knew how far I would end up going with this , having taken all the panels away
anyway . ( Next Time ...)
   Let me know if you want to sell it cheap ....it wont scare me so bad second
time around ... ;>)
Chris