Re: [VACList] Mice in the Airstream

Unless you live in the western and southwestern states where hanta virus
is a problem, I wouldn't worry about disease. Correct me if I'm wrong,
but it's the fleas that will get you, so if in doubt, close up the
trailer and set off a flea bomb, and then repeat after 6 days.

Washing well is first step.
Bleach whitens and disinfects, but ammonia (DO NOT EVER COMBINE THEM)
works better on organic stuff ( persian rugs are washed with camel pee)
Ammonia is good on odors too.

Another better odor killer is tons of baking soda sprinkled everywhere,
and then vaccumed or wiped up with a damp sponge. This is used by hazmat
clean up teams to get rid of fumes.

If you are really afraid about this, the place the rodents love the best
is the insulation between the skins. folks have been known to pull all
that out and replace it.

Talk to a local health person about the medical risks before you despair.

then see what you can do about the smell.

Daisy (who hasn't yet lived in a house without a few rodents )