Re: [VACList] Fantastic Fans

Gerry & Carolyn,

Ours is an 88 Limited, not a vintage, but the original fan and vent were
replaced with a Fantastic Fan by a previous owner, we don't know who
installed it ,  and it does leak and drips on the sofa as well as run
between the skin to the floor.  If we keep it caulked, we can control it.
We had heavy rains here this week in Phoenix and it did not leak, and the
control is great for closing if it begins to rain while the vent is open.

It is a stronger fan than the one in back which is original, but it doesn't
have the lights and inside shade/cover of the standard.  Here in the
southwest a lot of heat and light comes thru, and at night if we are parked
near or under outside lights, they shine thru.

Another note, Camping World discouraged us last year about installing an AC.
She said they don't like to work on Airstreams.  Of course they aren't the
first dealer to refuse to work on them, at our home base the local SOB
dealer refuses, and elsewhere on our travels repair men have refused work
because it was an Airstream.  One guy in Texas told us it cost him $9000. to
work on an Airstream and never again would he do so.

But Hunter on the Airstream list has had her FF installed by Camping World
and we don't think she has had a problem .

Conrad & Tricia Holsomback
triconholsomback@greenwood.net