[VACList] Fantastic Fans

Hi-
On our return trip from the Hobo Rally in Blythe, we stopped at a Camping
World to purchase a Prodigy brake controller (which we found superior to
our old controller).  While at CW, we inquired about installing a Fantastic
Vent fan in our 74-31' Sovereign.  The service rep did his best to discourage
us from buying one & having it installed.  He said that even though they
had the shim for the rounded Airstream roof, they didn't like to install this
vent fan as it was prone to leakage. Apparently, they have had numerous
warranty issues with previous installations of this product on Airstreams.
Has anyone had any experience with the Fantastic vent fans on vintage
units?  This fan is a standard on the new classic A/S.
We noticed that there is an extra set of 12V wires in the front vent, which
leads us to believe that there was a fan originally installed in this location,
although a mounting bracket, if there ever was one, is long gone.  Is there a
replacement fan that could be "restored" inside the vent??  (This option
would probably be more economical & less prone to leakage as we
would have to rip off the existing vent)
So far, our dry camping trips & experiences at rallies with "shore
power" restrictions have severely limited our usage of the 120V air
conditioner, so we are exploring ways to efficiently exhaust the hot air out
of the roof vents.
thanks
Gerry & Carolyn
1974-31' Sovereign