RE: [VACList] Fantastic Fans

Hello,
I too like Kevin have Fantastic Vents in my 68 Sovereign and they work
great. No leaks no problems. I also had them installed at the
International Rally, I have a hard time beating the installation time,
about 20 min., no fuss no muss.

What is interesting to me is I was just sitting down at the computer to
order one for my 59 that I plan to install myself and your post made me
remember to ask for the shim that Camping World spoke of, Thanks!

One other comment about Camping World repairs, if they can't change out
the part they don't like to do it. Period! Don't ask for fabrication and
understand that when you tell them its an Airstream they will for the
most part back away from your business. I have a number of horror
stories I can share about them off line if you like.

Like Kevin said stick with an Airstream dealer or do it yourself, this
is one of those jobs that isn't so bad if you are able to get to the top
of the coach. I would recommend that you purchase the fan from Camping
World or the MFG direct, it WILL be cheaper than through an Airstream
dealer and bring it to them for installation.

The wires should be 12 volt and should wire nut right to the new fan, my
68 had the same thing going on in the opening. Also replacing or adding
an original fan to that location is a waste of time, they don't move
much air and they are very noisy. But if you have your heart set on one
let me know I think I have my old one in my attic someplace!

Good Luck
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign (with 2 new vents)
59 Traveler (waiting for it to come in!)