[VACList] 1962 Trade Wind

Hi all:
I'm in the throes of restoring a 1962 Trade Wind and, believe it or not, things
are looking pretty good --  the plywood floor is in good shape, and interior is in
decent condition, too.
Still, I am repairing the rear frame extensively (leaky toilet flange = major
corrosion over the years) and replacing belly pan aft of the axle.
So, I could use some advice:
1) What is best, cheapest way to get a replacement toilet?
2) Any advice on getting a better seal on the brass waste gate? (it drips)
3) Is flexible plastic piping suitable for re-plumbing the trailer, or do I need to
use copper?
4) Why did Airstream discontinue the galvanized steel water tank that mine
has? (corrosion?)
5) Did this model have a 12V battery system and, if so, where was the battery
stored? (There are leads in the box behind the propane tanks, but I was told
these were just for the breakaway brake system. I saw a 1966 model that
stored battery in the rear quarter panel, where 110V outside power cord is
stored.)
Any and all responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks much,
Bill Rogers
Lafayette, CO