[VACList] Mattresses

Just to clarify the old mattresses: In the late 50's-mid 60's the Original
latex foam that was molded with air tubes inside was the epitome of quality
mattresses and were not inexpensive but considered the very best bed
available.  If they were not well protected from oily residue through the
bedding they would deteriorate more quickly but otherwise would last a long
time.  I have a pair of wing chairs from that era that only now, after 41
years, do they need to be replaced.  I have been to many "foam" shops
through the years and have never found any as satisfactory as the latex.
Latex is much heavier than this newer plastic foam.

My daughter recently purchased an Englander Latex mattress on the advice of
their Dr. because her husband has back problems.  They think it is the
greatest thing that ever happened.

In my opinion, I think latex foam is highly superior.

Kathy