Re: [VACList] axle replacement/out of the box

I'm sure many people that play with Airstreams like myself love
to color outside of the lines, think there is always a better/
cheaper way, etc... But, I also think in today's world that time
is money. My question to every one that is doing an axle replacement
is how much is your time worth? At a rate of $35.00 an hour, how
long will it take with phone calls/emails/making/cutting/welding/
etc...  to make up the difference in the price between
all the above and just bolting a new axle up in place? There is
something to be said for "out of the box". Maybe I just have more
money than time (coming from a person that has three jobs!) I need
things, that when needed to be replaced, can be done fast and easy.
I know for myself when I have to do the replacement, I'll buy the
axle that is the fastest and easiest to replace. And no, one of my
jobs is not working for Andy (Inlandrv) or Henchen.

Paul Waddell
WBCCI/VAC 1270
66 Overlander
70 LY23' single