Re: [VACList] White Laminate Tambour Alternatives

Kevin

Not sure I have an answer, but have two thoughts.

I've seen somewhere where someone successfully cut 1/8 in plywood strips
and used those for tambour.  Not sure it would look great, but perhaps they
could be painted to an acceptable look.  You can get it in all kinds of
woods so maybe one would look OK.

I don't know if the aluminum would cause excess or faster wear the plastic
"runners" or whatever you call those things that the tambour rolls on.

I've had success repairing some of my wood colored ones using artists
canvas (sp?) and Elmers white glue.  I wonder if that would fix the bulge.

I'm interested in this because I've wondered myself what I was going to do
when my white tambour wears out.

Ken Johansen
5358
59 Traveler