[VACList] White Laminate Tambour Alternatives

Greetings All!

I am struggling with decisions regarding the white laminate tambour in my
'78 Argosy Minuet.  I didn't really think that it was in such bad shape
until we began examining the edges on some of the upper cabinets.  The
original laminate material is splintering and cracking to the point that I
don't believe that repair is feasible - - in addition, the material seems to
have taken an unattractive set - - it bulges noticeably in the center of
each door.

I have been considering an alternative tambour material that has really
intrigued me - - bright brushed aluminum - - the slat width is 1/2" and the
stock is 5/32".  My thought was that it would coordinate with the brushed
stainless steel used in the range.  It is among the products offered by
Tape-Ease Fine Veneers and More at:

http://www.tapeease.com/metallic1.htm

It hadn't dawned on me to measure the thickness of the material or the slat
width before leaving the trailer (it is now at Fowler Interiors for
refurbishing). I measured the opening dimensions, but didn't consider the
materials beyond overall quantity. I am supposed to locate the tambour, and
the Fowlers will install it as part of the refurbishing.

My questions are:

1.  Did Airstream/Argosy use a consistent slat width and material thickness
in its tambour?  and if so, what was the slat width and material thickness?

2.  Has anyone tried using this or similar metallic tambour?  if you have
experience with the metallic tambours, are they difficult to work with (more
so than wood tambour)?

3.  Has anyone run across a vendor who offers laminate tambours that might
be more consistent with the original material?