Re: [VACList] Argosy color match

Hi Jim,

With all things, there's a time and a season or doing things.  Here in
Southern VA, it's much too late to do much painting unless you are lucky and
have a hanger or other large heated enclosure to do painting, etc.  Sixty
degrees seems to be a minimum temperature that most paints can be
successfully used.  Goes for epoxy and foam products.

My recommendation, since it is a painted unit, is to cover it with plastic
canvas for the winter.  Just be careful about the type of bungee and the
grommets on the canvas.  I've not yet covered mine, but will do so in the
next few weeks as the snow usually doesn't hit here until January.  Quite
cold with some night time temperatures approaching the mid 20s, but most are
still above freezing.  My concern is the water seeping into seams and
freezing to damage the seam.

I got my Spray paint from Lowe's.  Not the best, but it's called Rust-Oleum
"Almond 7507", Hi performance Enamel - fast drying.  I used it just to cover
the bare aluminum where the previous paint had peeled.  Hopefully it will
hold fast until I get around to real painting.  I was very impressed with
recent list comments about painting with a roller and the type of paints
used.  The spray is convenient and easy.  However, a roller might do a
better and more lasting job.

Best is to buy a "CoverAll Carport".  Here, an 18X20 is $595 ; but, needs
another $150 to increase height cover an airstream with an air conditioner.
Still not a bad price considering what to protect.  Local suppliers sell the
panels for $1.10 per foot at 36 inches wide or about $25 per 20 foot panel.
Not a bad price! :)  These guys seem to be all over the east coast and
especially Florida.  Must be all over the country for competitive pricing.

I've posted this before, but seldom had any response as to availability in
other parts of the country.  Then, $595 for an 18X20 installed carport might
seem rediculously low priced.  Not for me, as I now have four of these units
in my yard! :)

                                             Regards, Joy