[VACList] Re: [A/S] Protection other than Clearcoat

Jerry, I picked up the name of an environmentally friendly and very
effective clear coat stripper from one of the aircraft owner-restorer lists.
The product is called Napier Stripper made by a company in Canada named
Environmental Technologies, Inc. It's expensive but works very well. It's
applied (they recommend by spraying but rolling and brushing works), let it
soften the finish and then hose it off. I used my electric power washer. The
product is a thick liquid so it clings well on vertical surfaces. The clear
coat comes off in pieces like clear food wrap. One application removed the
clear coat on my ' 68 Tradewind. It can be ordered from
www.aircraftspruce.com.  It's good stuff and well worth the money IMO.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind