Re: [VACList] Winter usage?

>some of the winter months.

Depends.  "Winter months" in Alberta are different than in Florida.

>I'm thinking of using an "oil radiator" space heater
>to keep the chill off, but I'm not sure if it will keep the pipes from
>freezing.

It won't if the outside temp drops much below 30.  When that happens, run the
furnace.  Propane is cheaper than plumbers/plumbing.

>And, how would I keep the water line to the unit from
>freezing.

The standard procedure is to wrap the lines with electrical heating tape made for the
purpose.

>I'm sure, I'm not the first to use our trailer in this way. Does anyone
>have any thoughts/suggestions/words of wisdom.

You should get several other replies from the list members, and I'm sure there will be
other strategies suggested.

                    -- Lew #4239
'72 Safari
bicycle