[VACList] Running the Refrigerator from a converter?

Here's the problem. I have a 66 Overlander with the original refrigerator, that
works great off of electric, but not the gas. I know some people do not like to
travel with the frig. gas on, but I do like to have the refrigerator always on,
either through gas or electric. This is the thought. Take a converter, 12v to 110v,
and just always run the frig off the electric side when traveling. But I'm not sure
if the charge line/alt. from the Ford SD truck can handle the constant load while
going down the road and how much power the refrigerator uses? I know the smart thing to
do is replace the frig., it's I just love the look of the old.

Paul Waddell
WBCCI/VAC 1270
66 Overlander
70 23' LY single