[VACList] Adjustable trailer hitch

Scott,

Thanks for your perspective (below). When I read it, the solution to another
discrepancy with our hitch dawned on me. Before I had shortened each spring
bar's chain link by one link, the truck and trailer were level. Afterwards,
the Airstream was one quarter of a bubble higher in the front.

Although I had glancingly noticed this difference, I hadn't put two and two
together at the time. What I did recognize was a slight "rake" to my Van.
That was anticipated and intentional (more weight on the front wheels).

As a result of your comment and while I was aligning the street side cam
seat this morning, I considered lowering the adjustable hitch head by one
hole (about one inch). My thinking is this will take care of the 1/4 bubble
discrepancy (hopefully not be too far the other way) and simultaneously,
improve the weight distribution on all wheels - truck and trailer.

Being able to test these changes with the reality of direct "here-and-now"
experience is good for me, especially because making refinements while
rolling is a simple process at any shopping mall or rest area parking lot.

For the time being, I'll give it more thought. We have plenty of time to
decide before we roll out of here in a few weeks.

Terry