[VACList] New carpet

Hi Guys,

Today's big project was to get rid of the 25 year old carpet in our Van. Mr.
J.C. Whitney had sent us a custom made replacement ($115).  It arrived
complete with the insulation pad already glued onto the carpet.

For several weeks, I've been carrying it around waiting for the right
circumstances to install it. This morning was too cool for mosquitoes. The
forecast was for low humidity with lots of sunshine. Today was ideal.

Bottom line, our '78 Ford E-250 Van is now sporting new carpet. The fit is
perfect, the color is right, the look is original equipment, my headlight
dimmer switch (on the floor) is now more conveniently accessible (installed
on top of the carpet instead of buried beneath it) and best of all -- the
truck is going to run better <grin> just like after I wash it - it runs
better.

Slowly but surely, we have become increasingly aware that restorating our
old vehicles is a way of life for us. Everyday there is at least one project
to be done. Some are simple (like new carpet) while others take a bit of
thought and ingenuity (like wiring our electronic equipment so it requires
merely a flick of a switch to change from running everything on 110 volt to
running everything on 12 volts).

Relaxing (?) in Florida,

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net