Re: [VACList] hitch analysis

Hi, Warren:

         I, for one, find it interesting; I'd be interested in seeing your
equations and Excel sheet.  Would you be willing to share them?
         I presume by "ball weight" you mean the total force pushing the
ball into the ball socket on the A-frame.  If that's right, then "weight"
might be a poor term for it.  In any event, that force would be expected to
increase as the chains were shortened.  Of course, I cannot address the
magnitude of this force, but I would expect it to be rather large.

- Dick
(5368)