RE: [VACList] sway bar (brands)

Greetings Jim!

I don't believe that Reese has made any significant changes to the Dual
Cam Sway control in a number of years.  The only change that I have
noticed is that they no longer make a big issue of trailer weight.  When
I first started RVing in 1979, Reese was very specific in advising that
the Dual Cam would not provide the desired affects for trailers under
4,000 pounds.  I haven't been able to get a definitive answer whether
this recommendation has actually changed.  Right now, towing the Minuet
with my Suburban doesn't even require the spring bars as even with the
deepest drop hitch bar available the ball height is still almost an inch
too high and the spring bars just tend to exaggerate that issue.  I do
know that the spring bars will be required with the Cadillac as it has
exceptionally soft suspension even with heavy duty springs and shocks.

If my Overlander weren't over 200 miles away, I would scan the Reese
Dual Cam setup instructions and e-mail them to you.  I suspect that you
could request a copy from Reese at minimal or no cost.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359