Re: [VACList] sway bar (brands)

Hi Kevin,

I just started studying these things today.  I have a 77 Argosy Minuet 6
Metre.  The trailer came with the original factory hitch that the PO finally
brought to me on Sunday.  It sure looks alot like the Reese dual cam sway I
saw on their website today.  I am going to have to remove a jack mounted on
the outside of the A frame to use them though.  The owners manual has two
pages devoted to the hitch.  Are you saying the original hitch did not work
so well on the Minuet, or that todays dual cam hitches don't work that well
on the Minuet.  Is there any difference between the old dual cam of '77 and
the new ones?  Was the original a Reese?  So many questions.  I feel way
behind here.

I have to reinstall the whole setup.  If anyone knows where I can get full
instructions it would be appreciated.  The owners manual is mainly pictures
with the frame clamps already in place.  I have to reinstall these frame
clamps too.  I can get a good idea of where they belong from the manual.  Is
their position critical?

Thanks for info.

Jim Widdicombe