Re: [VACList] sway bar (brands)

Greetings Jill!

I know that it is old technology, but I have been absolutely thrilled with
my Reese Dual Cam Sway Control setup that has been on my Overlander for over
eight years.  The biggest caution that I would suggesst is to read and VERY
carefully follow the directions for setup.  The first-time setup is
critical, but after that they provide excellent security.  The only thing
that I have discovered that can be of any concern with this setup is if the
spring bars are too heavy for the trailer involved - - I started out with
1,000 pound bars on my trailer, and the Reese factory technician who
inspected my setup indicated that was part of the reason that the trailer
felt "twitchy" under certain road conditions - - switching to 750 pound bars
and slight adjustments to the brackets resulted in absolutely stable towing
under all conditions.

The only thing that I am aware that might pose a problem with the Reese Dual
Cam System on your trailer is the loaded weight of the trailer.  Reese isn't
as specific today in its literature as it was a decade ago, but it was
suggested in years past that the system wasn't fully effective if the
trailer weighed less than 4,000 pounds loaded - - that is the only reason
that I don't have the Reese Dual Cam setup on my Minuet - - it only has a
GVWR of 3,500 pounds.

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Towcar in Training)