Re: [VACList] Re: [VAC] Re: Suburban Furnace nt-16

Hi Dr.,

I found a place in Billings MT, about a hundred miles away, that will custom
fit a brush to my motor for under 10 dollars.  They will also turn (or
polish) the
commutator for about $5.  I had to pry the estimates from the lady that
works there, so this depends on the motor.  I just need to get it to them.
They will find the nearest brush and tweak it.  I will get the numbers off
the brush when they
are done.  They will polish the commutator if they feel they can keep enough
copper on it.  If it is too far gone they say the commutator just melts.  I
think I have enough left for one restore.  They have the experience to know
what will work.  The $15 dollars is a maximum figure the lady told me.  It
will probably be less.  The place is Billings Automotive and Electric.  They
sound very experienced.  I will let everyone know how it goes.  I think
someone mentioned that graphite content determined the hardness of the
brush.  Of course the lead wire guage is very important.

    Thanks for the help.

Jim