[VAC] Re: Rectangle vents and window operators

I agree with many parties on this issue.

a) if the handles work, and you don't care about
appearance, get 'em.

b) it is expensive to re-run obsolete parts -
multiplied by the fact that the re-runs are coming out
of California (a guess here since Andy is in CA)  In
defense of Andy, that's the way California is...

c) if either of these things is a problem, hang on to
your old vent, put it in the garage or something, and
replace the thing, if even  temporarily, with a
fantastic fan or even something cheaper - you're
trying to let air in, and keep water out - but if
you're going for vintage, wait it out 'til someone
figures out how to get these things cheaper.

I say all this, because I think it's probably a better
idea to travel in your airstream than try and make it
factory new.  "...better to wear out than to rust
out..."

someday there will be a better option, but don't let
that get in the way of enjoying what you have now!

Toby