[VAC] Re: equal-i-zer

Chris,
  Towing with the EZ-Lift was nerve-wracking; the rig felt like the
friction anti-sway control was WAY too tight and/or the hitch ball was
siezed up. We sorta wandered from side to side, making it very tiring to
drive; it was bad enough that you could feel it from the passenger's seat.

The interesting thing is that I can adjust the EZ-Lift hitch on our
25-footer so it tows exactly the same as the 30-footer did. The worst
part is, adjusting the hitch "by the book" makes it worse. Tipping the
hitch ball to the rear, as recommended by the experts, makes the rig
wander, tipping it slightly forward makes it stable. The tension
adjustments on the spring bars (chain links) didn't seem to make a lot
of difference. The adjustment of the friction bar doesn't seem to have
much effect either, and I normally run that "not too tight".

Installing the Equalizer Hitch on the 30-footer made it tow like it
wasn't there. Hitching/unhitching works fine, but you do NEED a power
tongue jack. About the only thing I don't care for is the little bits &
pieces; had I kept that trailer and hitch, I'd have gotten a complete
set of spare parts in case of loss.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the Solar Boost 2000. I'd been
considering one for our rig, but can't bring myself to mess with
something that's been working so well for 3 years now. <<grin>> If you
don't have an eMeter or equivilant, maybe you should consider it. Such a
meter would have tipped you to troubles before they got serious.

                                    <<Jim>>