[VAC] Re: equal-i-zer

Chris,
  I saved your message for a long time (April, to be exact), as we had
bought a 30' Avion that towed miserably with an EZ-Lift hitch. Although
there was no sway, it wanted to wander back and forth, making it very
tiring to drive.

We sold the trailer, but I didn't feel right sending it to the new owner
with that situation even though it might have been OK with his truck.
So, I went to a local RV dealer who was listed on Equalizer's web site
and bought their setup. Installation was easy, but I did have to
lengthen the "drop" part of the ball mount, as it wasn't long enough for
my Dodge.

I'm very happy to report that the trailer tows like it should, using the
new hitch setup. No sway, no wander, it just tracks as you'd expect. We
drove 750 miles to meet the buyer half-way, so I feel like we got a good
test.

Many thanks to Charlie and you for tipping me off to that hitch. It
isn't a Hensley, but it's only $550.00, not $2500.00.

Although I have the EZ-Lift hitch on our other Avion adjusted so it tows
OK, I like the Equalizer well enough that I may replace that hitch also.

                                  <<Jim>>