[VAC] More on Air Conditioner Drain Pans

Contrary to information reported here earlier, there is a drain pan
arrangement for Coleman RV air conditioners and other brands besides the
DuoTherm Penguin model that Airstream currently installs as factory
equipment. I was able to run down the rumor and have located the source --
www.van-pan.com . This is a generic model that is said to fit any roof air
conditioner that mounts in a 14 x 14" opening. Listed price is $129.95. I do
not care for the way the manufacturer has provided for disposing of the
condensate which fortunately should not be very hard to modify to replicate
the method used by Airstream as discussed here. The good news is there is a
condensate drain pan for Coleman and other air conditioners which will
prevent water from running down the outside of the trailer and eventually
leaving stains to be cleaned.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind