[VAC] Re: Battery Chargers and care

Dave,
  As some others have suggested, the answer to your battery problems is
an Intelli-Power converter/charger. I've installed them in both of my
Avion trailers and am very happy; they charge 'low' batteries quickly,
but don't boil the water out of 'full' batteries. I add water maybe once
or twice per year.

Although I'm unfamiliar with the late-model UniVolts, the older ones
weren't much better than your Sears battery charger. In any event, I've
seen prices quoted for a new UniVolt that were higher than the I-P
w/Charge Wizard. Without doing any shopping around, you can get the I-P
and Charge Wizard for about $225.00 from Camping World.

If you'd like some more information on batteries and how to treat them, see:

http://www.uuhome.de/william.darden/dcfaq.htm

                                      <<Jim>>