[VAC] Re: outside light cover

Bob,

You might want to look at some of the white LED arrays.  All light, no heat.
Not cheap, but typically burn about 10 mA per LED.  A number of places have
direct replacements for the lamps in automotive applications, e.g.. 12 volts,
same socket base.  I left a 2 LED flashlight on over the weekend one time, and
used the same (AA) batteries for an additional 3 weeks before I got around to
changing them.  They are efficient as all getout, and will never burn out in OUR
lifetime.  Take some nasty bumps as well.