[VAC] Re: Indelicate Answer?

RJ,

Thanks for the info.  That's exactly the kind of usage we anticipate, so that should
help us know what to expect.

Couple more questions:

> 1) Use the spray nozzle for flushing. A few short bursts suffice. The
> tank flush is only for use with hookups.

Our toilet does not have a spray nozzle.  I don't know if it was removed at some point,
or never had one.  Is it a good idea to install one?  Wouldn't letting the water run a
little longer while flushing do the trick?  The bowl seems to come clean easily
Related question - our bowl does not hold water - should it?  Does the gasket on the
valve between the bowl and holding tank need to be replaced?

> 2) Minimal TP usage!  Even the RV stuff will swell with moisture.

We've considered pretending we are in Mexico and keeping a small garbage can next to the
toilet for paper for #1.  Kind of gross, but it would help to keep the tank from filling
up if one of us (ahem) pees a lot.

> 3) We use a non-scented deodorizer (3R OdorCon) that works great. We
> only use a capful in a cup of water as a precharge.  The "couple of
> gallons" precharge notation on many deodorizers is meant for the big
> 40-50 gallon "super-poopers" in the modern big rigs.
> More info here:
> http://www.billydump.com/3r/3rhome.htm

Interesting site - thanks.  I was using some organic microbial digester stuff that is
marketed for holding tanks and septic tanks - it seemed to do a good job of controlling
odors but I'll try the 3R product next time.  It does look like it would work wit
Cynthia