[VAC] Re: Indelicate Answer?

The 7 gallons is correct size for the black water for the Caravel.

We use our trailer almost exclusively without hookups as a fully
self-contained camper about 6 times a year.  The black water tank lasts
4 days with 2 people, and the keys to success are:

1) Use the spray nozzle for flushing. A few short bursts suffice. The
tank flush is only for use with hookups.
2) Minimal TP usage!  Even the RV stuff will swell with moisture.
3) We use a non-scented deodorizer (3R OdorCon) that works great. We
only use a capful in a cup of water as a precharge.  The "couple of
gallons" precharge notation on many deodorizers is meant for the big
40-50 gallon "super-poopers" in the modern big rigs.
More info here:
http://www.billydump.com/3r/3rhome.htm

Best of luck,
RJ