[VAC] Re: wandering van update

I jacked the front end up as per Dr. J's suggestion
and checked all the front end gear for play.
Basically, there is none, except for a little bearing
play on the left side.  (This has always been there,
despite replacement bearings.  I suspect the spindle
OD was on the low-end of the spec.  And, the handling
problem is much newer than this phenomenon.)

I am, in fact, running the front tires at a lower
pressure now (around 40-45 psi).  This is because the
tires started wearing in the middle while running 50
psi.  Does anyone have a load vs. inflation chart for
Michelin LTX tires?  This could put that variable to
rest for good.

The suggestion about problems from new tires was also
a good one, except that these aren't new.  Also, I
confirmed that the rotation pattern was front to back
and not an "X".

So, I did the only thing else I could think of.  I put
another quarter turn on the front end adjuster.  This
would add about another 0.10" to the current 0.06"
toe-in.  I haven't had a chance to drive it yet.  I'll
post again once I have a chance to try it.

Maybe certain vehicles like certain tires?

Jon in SC
68 Overlander