[VAC] '74 Argosy Tire information

Hi All,

As Charlie and Andy pointed out, it's the brand of tire - stupid! :)  So, as
instructed, I measured and checked the manufacturer diameters.  The Carlisle
700-15 load range D trailer tire is 29.5 by my tape and 30.5 by the
manufacturer.  The Goodyear Marathon radial, ST22575R15 is 28.3 inches!
Carlisle @ $48 mounted/balanced vs. Goodyear @ $86 mounted/balanced.   Soon
to have 4 useless new Carlisles! :(  Might fit on my 6X12 utility trailer if
the rims are right.

Per Andy's suggestion based on his years of experience and info from the rim
manufacturer, I went with load range C rather than D.  Don't want a split
rim and possible damage at this point in the restoration.  Apparently you
can drop down a range, but not go up in range.  BTW, the Marathon diameter
is identical for B, C, and D ranges.

Per usual, the advice of the list helps me work smarter, but I had to do it
my way first  Sure could have used that $200 and two days work buying and
accomplishing needed restoration on the Argosy!

                                               '74 Argosy, Joy