[VAC] Re: Replacement Refrigerator/Traveling with Propane Unit Running

Lexxey,
    I travelled for years around Maui and Mexico and the west coast running
my Dometic gas reefer without ever turning it off.  If you poll a lot of
people they do the same, but nobody can recommend such a thing.  My true
confession is that my former travels were in a camper van with a dedicated
aluminum LP gas tank hard piped to the reefer.

Problem with our travel trailers may be that the LP gas system is so
extensive, feeding so many appliances that leaving it on while traveling
invites many opportunities for leakage.  A possible solution for full timers
who want to keep the reefer running would be the installation of a dedicated
tank for and near the reefer.  Waiting for the obligatory liability response
mail  :)

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park