[VAC] Re: Replacement Refrigerator/Traveling with Propane Unit Running

Greetings Lexxey!

Yes, it can be dangerous to travel with a propane device operating.  I
tend to be subject to EVERY version of Murphy's Law.  In the past seven
years, I have had three different incidents at Interstate fuel stops
where the hose on the delivery device failed causing gallons (in two of
three instances) of gasoline to gush out on the pavement - - these were
two stations that did not have clearly labeled or identified emergency
shut offs for their pumps in the vicinity of the dispensing area - -
required a run to the office to have an attendant pull a kill switch - -
in both of those instances, the rig had to be hand pushed from the
fueling area so that the spill could be cleaned up - - needless to say I
was relieved that there were no flames in or around my rig.  This run of
luck is one of the reasons that my Overlander was treated to a 3-Way RV
Refrigerator when a replacement was needed - - once cooled prior to
departure 12-volt keeps everything thoroughly cooled all day - - even
those 10 or 12 hour driving days - - I do have two 75 Watt Solar Panels
on the trailer with three gel cell batteries, but had decent success
without solar and only one battery so long as I wasn't planning to
boondock for more than one night.

If you wonder about my experience with Murphy's Law, Scott Scheuermann
("Monitor Scott") has witnessed two of my incidents - - the bouncing
spare tire - - and the pogo-stick electric jack.

Good luck with your rig!

Kevin Allen

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359