[VAC] Replacement Refrigerator

         'Tis possible.  ;-)
         Actually, I think I see our problem.  From the original post, I -
and several other posters - concluded that the question was about a
standard RV fridge, i.e., the ammonia absorption type, that relies on
convection and gravity to keep the refrigerant moving.  This kind or fridge
doesn't have a motor or a compressor; for operating on electric, it has a
heating element that replaces the gas flame.  This kind of fridge is
sensitive to leveling, older units more so than the newer ones.
         But, if you were addressing the question as one about the
conventional refrigerator, like you have in your home (if it's not a gas
one), then there is a motor, a compressor, and a J-T valve.  This kind of
fridge will work perfectly well at any kind of level - it doesn't rely on
gravity for circulation of refrigerant.
         Regards.

- Dick
(5368)