[VAC] Re: Argosy 22

Rob:

Welcome! I own a '75 Argosy 26, which I bought 2.5 years ago. It has a rear
bath (and a rear-mounted spare) and has NO frame separation, even though the
trailer had a lot of miles on it. I've removed the rear-mounted spare to
reduce the possibility of future frame separation, and will tow with an
empty tanks whenever possible. If there's no evidence of frame separation
now, and you tow carefully, minimize weight in the rear, I think you'll be
fine. My guess is that shorter trailers such as the 22 are much less
susceptible.

6k sounds high to me. I got my 26 in Excellent shape--new water pump,
electric jack, awning, carpeting, fridge, and everything working great--for
$3. I think that was a pretty good deal. At the time, most seemed to be
going for $5.5k--and that's for a considerably larger trailer. FWIW.

Dan
75 Argosy 26
Des Moines