[VAC] Re: Trailer Brake Aggressiveness

Greetings Marc!

When you replaced the magnets was there an aggressiveness rating
mentioned?  I hadn't heard of such a thing until I had the brakes
rebuilt on my '64 Overlander in 1999.  It seems that the magnets are
available in a variety of aggressiveness ratings.  For instance the
factory speicified 4,000 pound aggressiveness rating for the original
electric brakes.  The fully loaded backing plates of the correct
diameter were not available with 4,000 pound aggressiveness ratings so
we upgraded to 6,000 pound aggressiveness rating - - the trailer can now
nearly overpower the Suburban brakes when the trailer brake controller
is adjusted to full power.

I am assuming that if the magnets are available in 4,000 and 6,000 pound
agressiveness ratings that they may be available in other ratings and
may explain why your brakes aren't performing to your satisfaction.

Good luck in finding a solution to your concern.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359